The Wendover Woods Autumn Festival of Running
We return to this stunning Buckinghamshire location in November for a spectacular Festival of Running. Wendover Woods is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is located on the edge of the Chilterns.
The festival programme includes races over three classic distances – marathon, half marathon and 10k. All are trail races and will use the stunning forest paths and trails in and around the Woods. Whilst the routes are challenging the events are open to runners of all abilities, from novices to experienced athletes. The event also features a 1k Children's Race.
Depending on the weather, these races could well be a mud fest. But whatever the weather, we can guarantee great fun and, when you cross that finish line, just the best feeling of achievement.
So come along to the Woods and join us in this great Festival of Running.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Prizes to leading men and ladies plus a variety of age category prizes and team prizes for both male and female teams (3 to score).
Well stocked aid stations
Finish line goodies on offer to all finishers.
Wendover Woods, Upper Icknield Way, Ashton Clinton, Buckinghamshire HP22 5NQ
The course is two laps for the Marathon and a single loop for both the Half Marathon and 10k. All races incorporate challenging routes using the trails and paths within Wendover Woods. The routes should be quiet with no vehicle traffic, although there will be other forest users and bicycles crossing the routes, so runners should be alert to other users.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results by email as soon as possible on the first working day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.