Exercise & Races COVID 19 - Latest
TRI Challenge Individual and Team Triathlon
We are finally bringing a live event back to life and we would absolutey love you to join us and make this a huge success.
2020 has been a crazy year so far and although things may be different for so many of us let's get together (even if slightly apart) and enjoy a super fun, friendly and awesome event that is suitable for absolutely everyone whether you are a new triathlete or experienced one.
This event is different from our normal triathlon that takes place at this time of year which originally was a team focused event. This is now a supersprint triathlon, 400m swim, 20k bike and 5k run.
You take on this challenge individually but if you do want to register and enjoy a team challenge you can do so as long as you have at least 3 of you under the same team name. Each person is taking on their own race but we will average your times and will have team results based on these. So get everyone you know and secure your place today.
Obviously with the current social distancing restrictions we will be setting some guidelines to ensure we all respect each other and that we can run this event smoothly. This won't impact the event greatly but there will be a few changes such as entering in to the water individually, space between bike racking, no close gatherings pre or post event.
Don't let any of that stop you from registering. Please note we will be limiting entries to 250 so get your place secured today!
Coronavirus – race safety
There are a number of steps we are planning to implement in order to ensure that all our runners, volunteers and other members of public are kept as safe as possible and to minimise risks. These are based upon current government guidance which may change between now and race when we re-open our events. We will refine these steps over the coming weeks based upon changing guidance and feedback.
Should the government Coronavirus alert levels for the UK increase, or should local lockdown measures be implemented for any of our events and these are not able to take place we will then change this event to a virtual challenge.
We will continually evaluate the information provided by the government on the lead up to your event and hopefully we will be able to deliver your live run challenge.
We want to communicate these measures to you in advance of the event to ensure that everyone is prepared before race day and that appropriate social distancing is adhered to, before, during and after the race.
The entire race will safely take place outdoors, including the starting area, aid stations and finish area. As such, the risk of transmission associated with the event is already greatly reduced.
Runners and volunteers should not turn up at the event if they have;
- A fever of ≥38°C on the day of the event;
- Had any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Such as a new continuous cough, fever, change/loss of taste/smell;
- Been in contact with anyone who is sick in the past 14 days;Travelled within the past 14 days to any international location with widespread ongoing local COVID-19 transmission.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 up to 7 days after the event should report it to the race organiser and we will email everyone who attended so they can make the choice to isolate or test;
- High risk individuals or anyone quarantining from travel abroad are advised not to attend the event;
- All volunteers to be provided with face masks, Nitrile gloves and hand sanitiser;
- Spectators / supporters are kindly asked to not attend the race anywhere along the route, other than to drop off and collect runners;
- Runners should consider their safety and the safety of others when travelling to and from the event. Ideally getting someone from their household to drive them, or if using public transport, ensuring that they are following the advice of the operator concerning distancing and face covering.
The weeks leading up to the race
- Final instructions will be emailed to runners a week before the race;
- Race briefing will be provided by video in advance of the race;
- Race numbers with an attached timing chip will be posted to runners. Runners who have not received this by post will be able to pick up a number from the start location;
- There will be no on the day registrations.
- Toilets will be available at the event.
- Bag drop will be available however all bags must be labelled and placed in bag storage by the runners and then collected by the same runner. Staff will oversee bag storage but will not handle any items.
- Runners will be expected to turn up at the race start with their running numbers attached and visible, and ready to start when instructed by the team;
- Rolling start – We will have a staggered start for all events. Group sizes and stagger times will be confirmed as soon as we have more information from the government on event allocations.
- Runners will be expected to wear a face covering before and after the race and when within the event hub (e.g. Buff, neck gaiter, face mask). The face covering does not have to be worn whilst running between aid stations;
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the start and finish of the event.
- Appropriate social distancing should be respected within the event hub and also when on the run. This applies to respecting all other runners and park users.
- Water will be available at the event hub and runners will be expected to fill their own bottles. All runners must carry their own bottles / bladders i.e camel backs.
- Volunteers at the water stations will be continually sanitising surfaces touched by the runners.
- Toilets will be available at the finish area. If they are not available due to restrictions at the venue, suitable local alternatives will be found.
- Runners will be encouraged to depart the finish area as soon as possible after completing the race.
- Medals will be laid out on tables for collection by successful runners.
- Trophies or winners prizes will be handed out promptly rather than at an award ceremony.
- The medical team will be located at the start and finish location so they can observe people entering and leaving for monitoring purposes, but will only get involved if they see an issue.
- The medical team will wear face masks and gloves (as usual) and we will require runners to wear a face mask when we are interacting with them in close proximity and also require them to use gel sanitiser.
- Refusal to wear a mask or sanitise means the runner won’t be treated unless there is an urgent requirement to treat something serious.
- Anyone exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms should not attend. If anyone exhibits symptoms at the event they can be asked to leave at the discretion of the medical team via the race director.
It is vital that we adhere to government guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone involved with the race. It goes without saying that any runners who are feeling unwell in the weeks leading up to the event should not be running the race. Here's to bringing live events back and to seeing you all soon. We will make sure we create a safe but fun and super friendly environment for all!
Awesome medal for all
Prizes will be awarded to Male, Female, and Mixed winning teams.
Electronic chip timing
Instant race results
Dedicated bag storage area
Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line (additional cost which can be added during your registration)
Dorney Lake, Off Court Lane, Dorney, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 6FJ.
Dorney Lake is within easy reach of the M4 corridor.
Exit at Junction 7 of the M4 motorway and follow slip road to the roundabout. Turn left onto the A4 towards Maidenhead. After traffic lights, turn left at the roundabout onto B3026, signposted for Dorney and Eton. On the sharp left-hand bend, turn right, signposted Dorney Reach. After 400m enter Dorney Lake, Eton College Rowing Centre through large white double gates. Follow perimeter road parallel to the left of lake, down to the Boathouse.
Dorney Lake is also within easy reach of the M3, M25 and M40 motorways.
If travelling by train the main stations for Dorney Lake are Slough (Paddington line) and Windsor & Eton Riverside (from Waterloo), but is also near Burnham, Taplow, Maidenhead and Windsor & Eton Central (branch of Paddington line). From these stations you can get a taxi or, if with a bike, you can ride to the venue. We recommend researching the best option before travelling to ensure you arrive on time.
Parking at the venue is available and free for the event.
- Race packs will be sent to you in the post 1 week prior to the event.
- If travelling by train the main stations for Dorney Lake are Slough (Paddington line) and Windsor & Eton Riverside (from Waterloo) but is also near Burnham, Taplow, Maidenhead and Windsor & Eton Central (branch of Paddington line). From these stations you can get a taxi or if with a bike you can ride to the venue. We recommend researching the best option before travelling to ensure you arrive on time.
- No bag storage will be available so please keep all your belongings in your area within the transition.
- Toilets will be onsite however no access to the clubhouse or showers are available.
- Please remember that if you are not BTF registered you have to pay the £5 online when registering. If you are BTF registered please enter your licence number when registering in the relevant section.
- Recommended arrival times will be sent to you pre-event and we will ask you to enter the site and transition in phases to help with spacing.
- The race will start at 10.15am and you will be set off in waves and within each wave you will enter the water individually.
- The road will be closed at 9.45am. Anyone arriving after this time will have to park in the top car park and walk down.
- Spectators are not allowed at the clubhouse however if you do have someone driving you or with you please ask them to watch from the grass section slightly down from the clubhouse. This is a requirement from Dorney Lake so please do your best to help support us with this.
- * We require at least 100 participants to make this event viable so please do help spread the word! Thank you.
This is a non-drafting event
Super friendly, helpful, supportive and professional team to motivate, support and inspire you
Clean, calm lake waters
Fast, flat closed road bike and run course
Suitable for all abilities
Sorry, booking has closed for this event 🙁
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.