The BBB10k returns for a twelfth time in 2021 and Nice Work is pleased to take over the race management of the event on behalf of Battel Bonfire Boyes. Battle residents come out in full force to cheer and support the 500 runners taking part in this the challenging event.
The race will once again be looking to attract runners of all abilities, from experienced athletes to those new to running. In addition to the main 10k race there is also a Minirace open to 9-14 year olds, starting at 9.30 am. Entrants to register on the day.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
All race finishers will receive a bespoke medal
Prizes/trophies are available for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Male and Female; 1st in a range of age categories.
Baggage drop off
Phoenix Medical services will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
The Abbey Green, High Street, Battle, East Sussex, TN33 0AD
Race Headquarters will be on the Abbey Green. There are pay and display car parks located throughout Battle. Parking is not permitted on the High Street as this forms part of the route.
The closest railway station is Battle, which is roughly a mile from the race HQ.
The start is located 100m from race HQ, on Battle High Street, with the finish under the shadow of Battle Abbey.
The race heads up to the roundabout, turning around and going down the High Street, along Lower Lake and turning into Powdermill Lane. From here the race heads towards Catsfield before turning back towards Battle along Catsfield Road. From here you turn back towards battle and head along North Trade Road and finish on the Abbey Green with the historic Battle Abbey as the backdrop.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.