This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
The Bedgebury Forest Half Marathon & 10k
Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest, Goudhurst, KentBedgebury National Pinetum & Forest, Bedgebury Road, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17 2SJ
Sun 31st October 2021
Starting at 09:00
£24.30 - £29.70
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
The event is open to runners of all abilities, from novices to experienced athletes.
Medals and finish line goodies to all finishers.
Entry fee includes vehicle admission charges.
Prizes for the leading men and ladies plus a variety of age category prizes and team prizes for both male and female (3 to score).
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled
There will be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Location & How To Get There
Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest, Bedgebury Road, Goudhurst, Kent, TN17 2SJ
Bedgebury National Pinetum & Forest is just off the A21 in Kent. The race is best accessed by car and your entry fee includes vehicle admission charges. There will be parking on site.
Please follow signs to your designated distance car park. Half marathon runners will be parking within the Walled Garden with 10k entrants parking in the main car park.
The area is also accessible by bicycle.
The course is two laps for the half marathon and a single loop for 10k of an undulating route around the trails and paths within Bedgebury Forest. Starting and finishing within the Pinetum the route should be quiet with no vehicle traffic, although there will be other forest users and bicycles crossing the routes, so runners should be alert to other users.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by our chip timing team. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre, but please allow time for manual processing. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review