The Lydd 10k
Join us for the fastest race in Kent!! This event is perfect for a pb attempt on a course using the fast and flat lanes to the North of the town centre of Lydd.
The accurately measured race is all on tarmac and genuinely suits runners of all standards - from experienced athletes gunning for a pb, to those looking to complete their first 10k.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Medal to all finishers
Prizes and trophies for: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Male/Female; 1st in Male/Female Vet Categories 1-7; 1st Male/Female Team (of 3)
UK Athletics licenced event
Plenty of onsite parking
High quality bespoke medal
Accurately measured course with a certificate of course accuracy
Plus, of course, the support of our friendly, supportive Nice Work team to cheer you round the course.
The Banks Sports & Social Club, Dennes Lane, Lydd, Romney Marsh, Kent TN29 9JZ
The Race HQ is located around half a mile from the town centre of Lydd. The Race Headquarters are located at the Banks Sports Club in Dennes Lane – just off the High Street.
From the M20
Exit at Junction 10, Ashford and take the A2070 to Brenzett. Turn Left onto the A259 towards New Romney and then turn right on to the B2075. This will take you to the centre of Lydd, from where you will find Dennes Lane, just off the High Street.
Take the A259 through New Romney, turn Left onto the B2075. This will take you to the centre of Lydd.
From Hastings and Rye
Take the A259 through Rye and take the first turn right towards Camber. Follow this road through Camber for around 4 miles. When you reach the military barracks at Lydd, turn left and this will take you to the centre of Lydd.
The closest railway station is Ashford International, which is around 15 miles away. You will then need to get a taxi or cycle to the event.
The race will start on the main road adjacent to the Banks Sports Club in Dennes Lane, which is found just off the High Street. Participants will head out to the north of the town and cover a rural single lap route.
The route is pancake flat and will be officially measured and carries a certificate of course accuracy.
The route will be clearly marked using large route arrows, as well as being marshalled throughout. Please note that the roads will only be closed for the start of the race and although they are quiet lanes there is a chance you may meet a vehicle on the route.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or another medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.