The Caterham Rotary Half Marathon & 10k
Now firmly established on the Surrey Half Marathon calendar, this year sees the 7th running of the Caterham Rotary Half Marathon & 10K.
The race is hosted by Redhill Aerodrome, with the start and finish adjacent to the airstrip. Both races are true road races, with half marathon runners completing two loops of the course, and 10k runners covering a single loop.
The course is not traffic free, but it takes runners through the quiet residential and country lanes which surround the aerodrome. Whilst the route is undulating it still offers an opportunity for some fast times - plus it's suitable for both first time and experienced runners.
The beneficiaries for the 2021 race are the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust, who have a helicopter based at the aerodrome.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Finish line goodies
Prizes for the leading runners, including age group prizes and cash prizes for the top three men and ladies in the half marathon
Redhill Aerodrome, Redhill, Surrey RH1 5YP
The event is accessible by car and there will be onsite parking available for those that wish to drive. Redhill Aerodrome is around 2.5 miles from Redhill station, so suitable for cyclists, but those arriving on foot may wish to use the local bus services to Spencer Way; please note that it is around a 1 Mile walk from Spencer Way to the race HQ.
Nutfield railway station is slightly closer to the aerodrome, but it is still just over a mile walk or cycle from the station to the race HQ.
The route follows a looped course around the quiet country lanes surrounding Redhill Aerodrome. The course is slightly undulating. The 10k runners will complete one lap of the course, whilst the half marathon runners will complete two laps, but all participants will start and finish the race at Redhill Aerodrome.
On Site Parking
Baggage Drop Off
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. Results should be available on our website www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as you cross the finish line. Provisional results will be published as soon as possible after the race has finished and final results will be published as soon as is practical on the day after the race.
All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results by email as soon as possible on the first working day after the race.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.