The Redbridge 10k & 5k
Join us for a new, traffic-free, road 5k or 10k at Redbridge Cycle Centre, in Northeast London in November 2021.
Redbridge Cycle Centre is a self-contained venue, ideal for a Covid-safe event. The secure undulating tarmac route sees runners covering laps of the cycle circuit - an ideal race to test your pacing skills around the 2k loop, and we'll provide you with times for each lap. It's perfect too for those new to 10k or 5k races, with no traffic to concern yourself with.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
UK Athletics licenced event
Accurately measured course
High quality bespoke medal
Prizes for winners and age category winners in the 10k
Prizes for leading runners in the 5k
Plenty of on site car parking
Plus, of course, the support of our friendly, supportive Nice Work team to cheer you round the course.
Redbridge Cycle Centre, Forest Road, Hainault, Ilford, Essex IG6 3HP
Race Headquarters will be located at the main reception. The finish will be located adjacent to the race HQ.
The venue can be accessed from the M11, the M25 and the A12.
The closest tube station is Fairlop which is approximately 1.5 miles from the Race HQ.
All races are accurately measured and cover multiple laps of the just over a 2k lap. 10k Runners will complete just under 5 laps and 5k runners will complete 2.5 laps.
Parking is available at the main car park which is clearly signposted upon entry.
St John Ambulance or an alternative medical provider will be in attendance on the day
The course will be marshalled to provide assistance.
There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
We will notify runners when they are on their last laps.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.