The Nice Work Richmond Christmas 10k & 5k
Taking place within the picturesque settings of Richmond Park, this undulating course covers the tracks, trails and footpaths within the park and is suitable for runners of all abilities, with beginners particularly welcome.
Why not dress to impress Santa, with a special prize on offer for the best dressed?
Reduced entry fees available for HM Services Personnel.
Please note the following changes for the event and please read the codes of conduct below.
1. The first change you will notice is the start time. Rather than a single start time for all runners, we are operating a pre-booking system with start times available in 3-minute slots. People will be allocated a place on the start line according to their anticipated finish time, with the fastest runner lining up on the front of the start line.
2. Please arrive ready to run. There are no changing facilities and no facilities for left baggage – this is in line with UKA Guidelines.
3. A sterile area will be in force around the start line with strictly no access to anybody other than participants and race officials. Once you enter this area you will not be able to leave until your race begins. NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THIS STERILE AREA.
4. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, water, in sealed bottles, will be available at the finish and you will be required to collect it yourself from an unmanned water table – hand sanitiser and gloves will be available for you to use. There will not be a water station on the course. Please dispose of the bottles and other litter in the bins provided.
5. Again, in line with UKA Guidelines, no results, race prizes or awards will be available on the day. Results will be uploaded immediately to our website and emailed to participants. Race and age group winners will receive a trophy in the post after the event. Medals will be available to be collected at the event.
6. There will be toilet facilities at the start / finish area and these will be sanitised regularly. Please play your part by washing your hands thoroughly and using hand sanitiser before and after use.
7. Hand sanitiser will be available – please use it regularly.
8. You must maintain social distancing at all times – before, during and after the race. When overtaking another runner please be mindful of the space available.
9. Spectators are not encouraged to attend – but if they must do so, they should not congregate around the race start or finish areas.
10. Once you finish your race please continue to walk through the finish funnel and return direct to your vehicle – do not wait for friends or family.
11. Please read the Participants and Spectators Code of Conduct - Please observe the ‘Rule of 6’ and do not gather in large groups to discuss the race or take team photos.
Special spot prize with a £20 voucher for one lucky runner
Special prize to the best festive dressed !
Finish line Christmas goodies
Sheen Gate, Richmond Park, London SW14 8BJ
Getting there on foot and by bicycle - The park is accessible by both foot and cycle, although it is around a long walk from Richmond. The start and finish of the race is on the Mortlake and Barnes side of the park. If you choose to cycle to the event you can leave your cycles with us at the race registration area whilst you run.
Getting there by car - For those who wish to drive to the event there is a car park adjacent to the race HQ and start. Remember that the car park is shared with other park users, so you're advised to arrive as early as you can. There is strictly no parking on any grassland or roads. For those using a Sat Nav the post code for the event is SW14 8BJ.
Getting there by bus - There are number of buses that travel to Richmond Park, however it is a large park so you will need to get buses which arrive at the North side of the park and alight at Bus Stop N and it is then a 10 minute walk from Upper Richmond Road to the event. The buses that travel to Richmond Park are:
Hammersmith – Richmond: 190, 391, 419
Bushy Park and Richmond: R68
Specific Northside buses:
Hammersmith – Richmond: 33
Richmond – Clapham Junction: 337
Richmond – Wandsworth: 485
Getting there by train - There are three stations surrounding the Park: Richmond, Mortlake and Barnes. The closest station to the start and race HQ is Mortlake and it is then a 20 minute walk from the station to the Park.
The Richmond 10k course is a two lap route covering the paths and trails within the boundaries of Richmond Park. The course has been measured using a GPS and, because of its multi terrain nature, cannot carry an official course measurement certificate. The route will be clearly marked using large route arrows and directional cones, as well as being marshalled throughout. We would ask you to remember that we do not have exclusive use of the park and you should be aware that other park users will be on the course.
The route is undulating with no significantly testing hills and covers a selection of hard track, tarmac with a small section on grass. You will pass around various sections of the Park through Sheen Wood and past the Teck Plantation. You will also pass Bishops Pond and Richmond Gate. You may even be lucky enough to spot one of the many roaming herds of Red or Fallow Deer that have been known to watch the race as you pass down Sawyers Hill on a few occasions!
Start line opens – 9.00 am
Start line closes – 10.00 am
Your race number and timing chip will be posted out to you around 10 days before race day. If you do not receive your race pack before race day, please come to the registration desk at the race HQ and we will reissue your race number.
Please attach your race number to the front of your running top or vest using safety pins or clips, securing it on all four corners. Please don’t attach your number to the back of your shirt as it is difficult for our timekeepers and marshals to identify you.
Your individual time and position will be recorded by your electronic chip. We will endeavour to display results as they come into the race centre. Results will be uploaded to www.nice-work.org.uk as soon as possible after the race. All entrants that have supplied a valid and legible email address will receive a copy of the results as soon as possible after the race.
St John's Ambulance will be in attendance on the day and the course will be marshalled to provide assistance. There will also be a sweep marshal following the race to ensure that nobody is left behind and that all runners are accounted for.
First-hand event reviews from people who’ve been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.
Write a review and you’ll be entered into a monthly draw to win a pair of running shoes of your choice from Pro:Direct Running.