This event has taken place
Congratulations to everyone who took part. We're waiting on information about the next edition of this event.
Did you race? Let the community know how you got on and leave a review.Add a review
Want to see all previous and future editions of this event, find them below.
Wild Boundary Trail Run
Tring, HertfordshireThe Home Office, Station Road, Tring, UK
Sat 13th November 2021
Starting at 08:45
We are following current UK Government guidelines in delivering trail running trips. They are conducted in line with England Athletics guidelines to ensure your safety. In addition, you will need to carry with you (not wear) on all of our trips until further notice a face covering (we will have facemasks for sale for £2 if you arrive without one) and personal alcohol-based hand gel as well as adhering to current social distancing guidelines.
At Run the Wild we have appointed Simon James as COVID-19 Officer. Within this role a risk assessment has been completed, and will be updated, for all UK events with specific regard to COVID-19 and a COVID-19 action plan put in place, in addition to our standard risk assessments. Any updates to Government Guidance will be monitored, and procedures adjusted accordingly, and a COVID-19 secure environment will be maintained. All UK events are held in the outdoors with no requirement to be indoors at any time. All clients are asked to confirm they are exhibiting no symptoms prior to coming to a Run the Wild event, and are required to carry a face covering (checked on arrival), and hand gel. All participant contact details are recorded which can be shared upon request with the government’s Test and Trace initiative. All guides carry a mask and hand sanitisers, and have been briefed on COVID-19 protocols in case of an emergency situation where the administering of first aid is required. In line with England Athletics guidance, and the provision of a COVID-19 secure environment, groups will be limited to a maximum of 12 clients per run leader/coach or when relevant will reflect any changes to the guidelines. We typically operate at a much lower guide to client ratio than this limit. These precautions will enable the continued safe running of our trips, thank you.
What we ask of you, the client:
- Please do not attend any of our trips if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms, or if someone in your household is and requires you to self-isolate.
- Ensure you carry a face covering and personal alcohol-based hand gel, as you run.
- Please follow instructions of where to meet your guide to reduce mingling.
- Adhere to current social distancing guidelines before, during and after your run, with regards to other runners, and other trails users and members of the public.
- Good hygiene must be practised at all times. This includes bringing your own hand sanitiser, keeping the touching of gates to an absolute minimum, and a strict policy of no spitting while running.
- Please check your local government guidelines in regards to travel, public transport and overnight accommodation. This also includes following current tiering based guidelines.
Trail running is a great way to escape into nature and also is a great all round work out. With multiple guides you are in good hands. We match entrants by ability, but you need to have run a half marathon distance in the past (this doesn't need to have been part of an organised event or race). Our guides provide trail running instruction and motivation along the way, so you don't have to worry about route finding, and a well stocked refreshment stop along the route tops off this great day out!
A Run Leader for the team, with you every step of the way
Run the Wild tech t-shirt
19 miles of amazing scenery!
What's not included:
Personal insurance (recommended)
How To Get There
Tring is just 40 minutes North West of London with train links from Euston. Tring train station is just 10 minutes walk away and also has a taxi rank.
There is an on-site free car park.
Location & Timing
The event starts from The Home Office, Tring, Hertfordshire HP23 5QY
Registration is by 8.45am, at The Home Office in Tring. The event will finish around 1-2pm, depending on your pace.
Toilets are available as well as cafe facilities.
- Face mask
- Hand sanitiser
- Wicking top and shorts or leggings
- Socks (eg: Injinji)
- Trail running shoes (sufficient tread)
WEATHER DEPENDENT ITEMS:
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
- Sun hat / cap
- Warm hat and gloves
- Fully charged mobile phone including the numbers for the Lead Runners, Event Director as well as appropriate emergency services (charge before use and make sure it's in a waterproof case or bag)
- Lightweight, comfortable running pack (max 12 litres)
- Water Bottles / Bladder
- Snacks to sustain you for the planned route
- Waterproof bags / dry bags to keep stuff dry
- Whistle (normally found attached to your bag)
- Personal first aid kit (eg: blister packs, sunscreen, inhaler etc)
When you book you will be sent a list of recommended items as well. If you have any questions regarding kit requirements please contact us.
Please note: we will not be checking your kit on the day, but we highly recommend you bring these items for your safety.
You might like
Done this event?
First-hand event reviews from people who have been there, done that and got the breathable T-shirt, really help everyone choose their next event.Add a review